Wednesday, July 17, 2013

I want to YouTube down the Rivers of America


                My first chapbook ‘I want to YouTube down the Rivers of America’ is out in bookstores now. I put them there. Later on the bookstore owners sent them back to me. Barnes and Noble does not respect alt lit. When alt lit is a great genre they’ll be sorry. Probably Barnes and Noble will be bankrupt long before alt lit gets its due or alt lit hears a proper apology from anybody. 

                Due to my store troubles I am selling each one directly to you the consumer. Let me tell you a bit about it first:

-          Has short stories
-          Has poems
-          Has fun
-          Has 8,999 words
-          Has 43 pages
-          Made of paper, staples, and love (lots of love)
-          Bonus features probably, because why not, bonus features are fun

Payment can be done safely and effectively through a paypal account dedicated solely to this chapbook. Yes this email wants to support the chapbook. The chapbook is going out in the big world via a brown paper envelope. Gmail and paypal are there to support it. Hopefully you can be there too, to hold a piece of Beach Sloth history in your hands. Welcome to the first physical artifact of my online existence made by my very own hands. That used to be my body but I have merged to become one with the internet. 

        Paypal the following address $9:


        *For simple PDFs, you can send $5 and I’ll email you a PDF copy instead. This is for international locations mostly, as I am unable to send the chapbooks overseas. 

        Send me your address via that email or via Facebook. If you are reading this you’re probably on Facebook and probably my friend. I’ll send the chapbook directly to your home. Have Beach Sloth in your home today, or at least a bound paper representative. That’s the best you are going to get. So get excited. I am. This is the first time I’ve offered a hand-made item. Before I worked with the ‘e-book’ format (still available here on Amazon) with mixed success as it felt too impersonal for my tastes. Hope this is considerably more personal. Thus far I feel it is. I want to interact on a whole other level, the IRL level. Help me do that. Thank you whoever has brought and whoever will buy one. I love you the most of all. 

        Help bring me out of the internet and into IRL. I cannot do this alone. I need your help. Bring my blog into the shining light of a brand new day!

26 comments:

  1. cograt's beachy hehe i am excited abotu this

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Steve! That means a lot to me. This is my self-publishing debut!

      Delete
  2. beach sloth, i'm sad that i did only get the PDF but then again, i'm getting too old and lazy for paper. and your book looks GREAT on the screen...any screen! i esp. love "american"...and all the rest. well done and perhaps i'llalso publish my many snippets like 1000 penguins myself, too, what do you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, I like 1000 penguins. Since I've only just begun this sort of experience I have no idea if it would be ideal for everyone.

      I do feel bad about being unable to send these overseas. Perhaps in future publications (if I have them) I will be able to do that.

      If you self-published would you include the pictures? Because your pictures are magnificent.

      Delete
    2. No, I couldn't actually include the pictures except those that I made myself, which are few. I have included 12 or so of the first pieces published on/by/for the thousand Penguins in my collection that's going to be published this fall. But both for poems (which I don't do), for prose poems, and for the bitty flash that I do, self E publishing seems suitable: it's just too hard a sale in the market. I also like the model whereby writers publish the work of other writers who reciprocate the favor based on quality and being in the same network. Many small presses are organized that way anyway, it seems, and perhaps it would be more honest and more attractive to drop the pretense and try to emulate large publishing houses, like David trying to get through a small door as Goliath. But I'm rambling, stop me.

      Delete
    3. No, you are right. I really like a lot of small presses. I like the level of engagement versus a giant, impersonal thing.

      Delete
  3. Beachy I am halfway through "I want to YouTube down the Rivers of America" and I really like it so far and the note you stuck inside was great and yes the hot dog stand on lombard and happy birthday!!! also cannot tell if this is posting anonymously but this is sarah jean ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sarah,

      I'm glad I got the hot dog stand right. I walk by that a whole bunch. Really glad you are enjoying it!

      Delete
  4. This post seems out of chronological order.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi there you should with all your lovely reviews, join this new indie group and simply post there: http://www.facebook.com/groups/352230488186560/

    ReplyDelete
  6. i heard that Seal Team 6 had a copy of i want to you tube down the rivers of america when they took out osama ham linden.

    its a good book and people should buy it. i really liked it. it's good train reading and good bed reading and good beach reading (obvs)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the book to read in order to make America great once more. We need to build up our YouTube/MEMEPLEX industry once more.

      Delete
  7. Sent, aye, sent; ready for Review; Late, hmm. Dates seem Off. How did I find this? You must have Facebooked it or something like that. Hope the offer's still good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The offer is always good. I set the time ahead so this could be the first thing people see when they arrive.

      Delete
    2. Most excellent. Cash dollars have been sent.

      Delete
  8. Great vacation might be your dream. Travel to Bali is not always expensive as there are many international flights providing special rates for early bird booking. There are also many selection of Bali hotels offering special discount rates including Bali villas and budget Bali accommodation

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post on journaling, Carrie. I have only tried this after completing my book, usually for character blog posts. Most times my books evolve from an idea or story question, and the characters evolve from that...except with Renner. He was Trey's partner in Journey's End, and I knew as soon as he hit the page that he'd star in his own book.
    Thanks for sharing your method, Carrie. I shall try this. :-)
    write-my-paper-for-cheap
    cheap-paper-writing-service
    Accounts Software For Small Business

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Beach Sloth if I send you money now can i have your book i live in Australia :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Oliver,

      Sure I think my book would enjoy the land down under

      Delete
  11. My God now I'm at the mercy of the United States Post Office. On the bright side, when they do deliver, it'll be this book..., and not much else will matter for a time. I empty myself for reading. Once has to make room for the words to stretch out and take deep breaths

    ReplyDelete