Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Spencer Madsen – Things about me


                Poor Spencer Madsen: he breaks alt lit gossip’s heart. That is hard. Alt lit gossip has a heart of stone. Least that is what I thought. Now I know the truth. Behind alt lit gossip is a classroom full of the true masters of alt lit: grown-up emo kids. Glad I am a grown-up emo kid. Maybe that is why I am into alt lit? Or perhaps I like alt lit since I need a break from the sloth wife, kids, and beet farm life. Feeding my kids is hard. They have to eat every day. I tell you, it is sheer madness raising a family. Still I would not trade it for anything except a ton of money ($15,678,000). 

                Spencer Madsen’s ‘Things about me’ is a way for readers to better know the man behind the writing, behind the twitter account, and Facebook account. I have met Spencer Madsen IRL. For me Spencer is a true enigma. A New Yorker without a driver’s license is fairly common. This fails to surprise me. Blink 182 is one of Spencer’s favorite bands. Spencer looks like he graduated from High School a few days ago. Plus Spencer uses his emo-ness to keep himself looking young and depressed. Emo is one of the best things for your skin, to keep your skin looking silky soft (via tears falling down your face). 

                At the end is where Spencer lets it ‘all out’ emo-wise. He got a job and never went. That’s bleak. No idea why he skypes with his ex-girlfriend. She says that made her depressed. Feel sad to hear such things. I am no longer Facebook friends with any of my Ex-Girlfriends. Why would you hang out with somebody you broke up with, or Skype with them? Call me old-fashioned but I do not understand all this new-fangled internet technology. Give me a simple online persona maintained by twitter, Facebook, Tumblr and Blogspot. I’m a simple sloth. What more would I need from life? 

                Spencer signs off by saying he is changing. He calls the reader a ‘faceless’ reader. Believe all readers of Spencer’s website have faces. Wonder if a higher percentage of Spencer’s readers than normal have gotten their faces ripped off? Hope that is not the case. Glad Spencer is changing. Personally I think Spencer changes for the better. We all change for the better. Maybe one day you will change for the best. I believe in you. You can do it.

2 comments:

  1. "He calls the reader a ‘faceless’ reader. Believe all readers of Spencer’s website have faces. Wonder if a higher percentage of Spencer’s readers than normal have gotten their faces ripped off?"

    YOUR BEST WRITING YET BEACHY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, nice to see you back around these parts. Stay a spell.

      Delete